Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A spring bag on a winter's day.

Made a little crocheted purse yesterday.  The pattern is from Tangled Happy .  I used a super chunky yarn and a K sized hook, so my bag came out more adult sized rather than the small version she has on her blog.  I also opted to line mine.


Here is the bag next to a 2 liter soda bottle so you can get an idea of the size.

I made a liner out of remnant fabric and hand stitched it into the bag.  I doubled the liner, so that you would see the right side of the fabric whether you were looking into the bag or through the holes made from the shells.  I thought about adding a snap, but decided it didn't need it.

The flower is one of my favorite parts.  I used a little bit of water to dampen the flower so it would lay flat.  

Okay, so that is what I did yesterday!  I have a huge list of crochet projects I need to get back to, but this was a nice diversion. :)

.

3 comments:

  1. Sallie! That is TOO cute! I'm loving it. :)
    That fabric looks a lot like the back of my seminary-quilt that I love so much, so it makes me love it even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag is adorable! I'm in the process of making one right now! Saw your project on ravelry and found your blog. I'm an assistant/youth pastor's wife who plans on homeschooling our daughter (and her future siblings) when she reaches school age. So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lauren! You are my first "unknown" blog follower. :) So glad to meet you. You'll find I'm not much for consistency, I blog mostly when the mood strikes and I have a few minutes. Yes, the crocheted bag has been a huge hit.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Blessings,
    Sallie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me: