Monday, December 13, 2010

Wash Day Peach Cobbler

One of the family's favorites. Very easy.

This is just a regular 13x9 for a single recipe.  When I double it,
 I use my Pampered Chef  Rectangular Baker stoneware.
I got this from a cookbook called "Madison County Cookbook; Winterset, Iowa".  This cookbook was given to me by a good friend (Hi Diane!!) nearly...15 years ago... sheesh!  Anyway, I love this old, falling-apart cookbook and this is my favorite recipe in it.

1 (16 oz.) can peach fruit or your choice  (I use my home-canned peaches)
1 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1 C. milk
2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of salt
1 stick margarine (I use butter)




Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  (350 if making a double batch)
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook fruit until boiling.  Set aside.  In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, and salt.  In a 2 quart casserole (If doubling, use a deep 13x9).  Melt margarine (butter) in the microwave then pour into the baking dish.  Pour batter over butter (do not stir).  Add hot fruit (do not stir).  Sprinkle a little more sugar on the top just before baking.  Bake at 400  for 20-30 minutes.  (If doubled bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.)
Makes 4-6 servings (8-12)

Serve this with some vanilla ice cream or even just some whipped cream.  Trust me, it won't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me: